1) Obama is going to be the target of intense Repuiblican swiftboating. Hillary has been through it, as has Bill. They can help Obama weather the storm
2) It will show that Obama is being truthful with his claims of reaching out and uniting the country. What a great place to start.
3) She puts white people on the board for Obama. He hasn’t done nearly as well with ‘white’ primary voters.
4) Bill “Mr. Popularity” Clinton will be on the trail.
5) She has fought to beat the odds and survive in spite of money issues, bad campaign management early on, and personal gaffs.
6) She can help steal a few Southern states (like Arkansas for instance). I’m not sure Obama can do that without her.
7) She’s a woman. Woman vote in larger blocks now than men. Just a fact of life.
8) More women are going to college now than men and are more likely to vote Hillary. Obama nets more college voters (good insurance). Just another fact of life.
9) Name recognition nationwide.
And number 10…
The two of them together would be a historic ticket. Say what you want, but Hillary has earned the V.P. spot. No other candidate could have done this well against Obama for this long. She deserves it. Besides, with the votes and a substantial delegate count behind her…she could will her way to the V.P. spot whether Obama likes it or not.