I couldn’t agree more.
Chafee claims that Palin’s mere nomination and recent foolish comments have energized Obama backers. “People were coming into my office, phone calls were flooding in, e-mails were coming in, ‘I just sent money to Obama, I couldn’t sleep last night’ — from the left. To see this cocky wacko up there,” he said.
Chafee has come out and said what most on the left are already thinking, and that is that Palin, a fundamentalist Christian, social Conservative, harbors positions that are downright dangerous. These positions include:
– Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped. (Nov 2006)
– Ok to deny benefits to homosexual couples. (Aug 2006)
– No spousal benefits for same-sex couples. (Jul 2006)
– Wants exit plan; also assurances to keep our troops safe. (Mar 2007)
– We don’t know what the plan is to ever end the war. (Aug 2008)
– Focus on fighting Al-Qaeda terrorists, not on reading rights. (Sep 2008)
– “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?” –Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co”, July 2008
– “Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we’re praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.” –Sarah Pailn, on the Iraq war, speaking to students at the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008
– God made dinosaurs 4,000 years ago as ultimately flawed creatures, lizards of Satan really, so when they died and became petroleum products we, made in his perfect image, could use them in our pickup trucks, snow machines and fishing boats.”
I think it was a bit longer than 4000 years ago…the Egyptians were not riding dinosaurs last time I checked. Oh! That’s right! Sarah is a Christian fundamentalist, so that means the world is only four thousand years old. I’m so silly…
And then there’s the comment on her willingness to go to war with Russia during an interview with Charlie Gibson on ABC…When asked by Gibson if under the NATO treaty, the U.S. would have to go to war if Russia again invaded Georgia, Palin responded: “Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you’re going to be expected to be called upon and help.
“And we’ve got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable…”
So let’s sum up shall we.
An ex-prom queen who was a CEO for ten minutes, and governor of a state that no one talks about…ever…is one McCain ‘old man illness’ or death, away from the presidency. She has no concept of history, can’t define the duties of her potential job, is anti-gay, anti-civil rights, a bible thumping Christian fundamentalist who puts God ahead of women, would in all likely hood re-kindle a Cold War with Russia…I think we can stop now.
You know, I was a hiring manager once, and I have seen Sarah Palin a million times. She is much like every other under-qualified woman looking to get hooked up in a job that is way out of her league, who thinks cute library glasses and a well-made push-up bra, somehow compensate for a general lack of critical analysis skills, regarding the issues and a thin resume. It is what it is, plus she’s a nut.
If I wanted a nit-wit to be VP, I’d call Dan Quayle.
For me, experience isn’t the issue with Palin, intelligence is.
She’s walks like a bimbo, she talks like a bimbo, she utters bimbo-isms like her husband being the, “First dude…”, and we all know BIMBO=STUPID. Just because you’re easy to look at, doesn’t mean you can lead…sorry Sarah.
This is the best America can do? Geraldine Ferraro makes Sarah Palin look like a circus side-show turned MILF political election year gag reel.
It’s pathetic. I mean really. Is McCain desperate or what?
Moreover, the Republicans have once again managed to distract America from the real problem – that problem being John McCain. You don’t hear him squaking about no media coverage anymore do you? Of course not. If the media was paying attention and actually holding McCain to the fire, he’d still be 5+ points behind Obama. But, in typical fashion, the media is ga-ga over the Cosmo VP nominee.
Democrats need to re-focus on McCain for the next two months and let Palin implode. She has already started to. Hopefully her God given foolishness win win the day.
Sources: OnThe Issues.com
Read related article on CNN.com here…