I couldn’t agree more.
Chafee claims that Palin’s mere nomination and recent foolish comments have energized Obama backers. “People were coming into my office, phone calls were flooding in, e-mails were coming in, ‘I just sent money to Obama, I couldn’t sleep last night’ — from the left. To see this cocky wacko up there,” he said.
Chafee has come out and said what most on the left are already thinking, and that is that Palin, a fundamentalist Christian, social Conservative, harbors positions that are downright dangerous. These positions include:
– Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped. (Nov 2006)
– Ok to deny benefits to homosexual couples. (Aug 2006)
– No spousal benefits for same-sex couples. (Jul 2006)
– Wants exit plan; also assurances to keep our troops safe. (Mar 2007)
– We don’t know what the plan is to ever end the war. (Aug 2008)
– Focus on fighting Al-Qaeda terrorists, not on reading rights. (Sep 2008)
– “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?” –Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co”, July 2008
– “Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That’s what we have to make sure that we’re praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan.” –Sarah Pailn, on the Iraq war, speaking to students at the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008
– God made dinosaurs 4,000 years ago as ultimately flawed creatures, lizards of Satan really, so when they died and became petroleum products we, made in his perfect image, could use them in our pickup trucks, snow machines and fishing boats.”
I think it was a bit longer than 4000 years ago…the Egyptians were not riding dinosaurs last time I checked. Oh! That’s right! Sarah is a Christian fundamentalist, so that means the world is only four thousand years old. I’m so silly…